What better way to connect with loved ones near and far than by sending them a Christmas card? Some people take family portraits, others make their own and some buy cards from the store and write a personal message. However you do it, sending holiday cards is a great way to remind loved ones you’re thinking of them.
If you’re not sure what to write in a Christmas card, here are more than 30 messages. These Christmas card messages will suit cards for family, friends, coworkers and business contacts.
Make your card even more memorable and tuck a Happy Holidays Gift Card in the envelope for a thoughtful gift.
Christmas Card Messages
These Christmas card messages can be used for anyone on your list. Keep it short and sweet or pair these greetings with more personal messages. These are sure to spread warmth and holiday joy!
- May your holiday season sparkle and shine!
- Perhaps the best Yuletide decoration is being wreathed in smiles.
- Hope your holidays are filled with laughter, fun and the company of good friends.
- May the merry magic of Christmas fill your season with cheer.
- Unwrap yourself a joyful Christmas.
- We hope you enjoy the warmth and magic of the holiday season.
- Sending you peace, love and joy this Christmas season.
- Have a holly, jolly Christmas!
- Warm wishes for a happy holiday.
Funny Christmas Card Messages
Spread a little laughter and cheer with these funny Christmas card messages. The best message is one that makes the recipient smile!
- Santa saw your Instagram. You’re getting socks this year!
- I hope you love the present you told me to buy for you.
- It’s the most wonderful time of the year… time for wine!
- The greatest gift you can give someone is friendship – so you’re welcome!
- Good tonics we bring to you and your gin.
- Christmas is really just a reminder you only have a few days left to work on those New Year’s resolutions.
- Wishing you whatever jingles your bells!
- “I am never going to financially recover from this.” – Joe Exotic and me after buying your gift.
- What else could be on your wish list?? You already have me!
- Three phrases that sum up Christmas are: Peace on Earth, Goodwill to Men and Batteries not Included.
Christmas Card Messages For Family
For many, Christmas is about spending time with family and loved ones. Use a Christmas card to reflect on cherished memories, celebrate traditions or make plans to visit in the future. These Christmas messages are family-friendly and can be combined with a more personal touch for loved ones.
- Grateful for all the Christmas memories we share.
- Family like you is the best Christmas gift of all.
- I couldn’t fit Grandma’s famous pumpkin pie in this envelope. Don’t worry, I’ll eat an extra slice for you!
- At Christmas and always, what a blessing you are.
- This Christmas, I am thankful for all the joyful memories, laughter and good cheer we have shared.
- Whatever is beautiful, whatever is meaningful and whatever brings happiness, may it be yours this holiday season and throughout the coming year.
The Perfect Holiday Gift Card for Your Card!
Christmas Card Messages For Significant Other
Whether this is your first holiday season together or your fiftieth, Christmas is a great time to remind your significant other how much they mean to you. Spread your love and write a heartfelt message with one of these sentiments. Don’t forget to sign with plenty of X’s and O’s!
- Meet me under the mistletoe. <3
- For all the Christmases that have gone before, this one will be the best because you’re here!
- Christmas time and all the time, I am so grateful for your love.
- Your love makes every day feel like Christmas morning.
- I couldn’t want anything more for Christmas than to have you in my life.
- Let’s have ourselves a merry little Christmas.
- You fill my life with joy and laughter, which is all I could ask for this holiday season.
Business Christmas Card Messages
Striking a balance between personal and professional can be tricky when writing a Christmas card message for business contacts. Keep the tone light and cheerful when communicating your gratitude to your employees, boss or other professional contacts. Pair your card with one of these employee appreciation gifts to really earn that “Boss of the Year” award!
- Wishing you a relaxing and joyous holiday season.
- Hoping the new year is full of new opportunities and new possibilities.
- Family comes in all shapes and sizes – thanks for being a part of ours. Happy Holidays!
- Cheers to a new year with old friends!
- Happy Holidays and warm wishes to you and yours this season.
- At this special time of year, we give thanks for the people who have made our jobs easier and our lives more fulfilling.
- May this good cheer last throughout the year!
Meaningful holiday quotes can provide wisdom and insight or recall beloved memories when used in a Christmas card. They also work great for holiday Instagram captions! Use the lyrics from any classic carol or one of these quotes for the perfect holiday greeting.
- “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear” – Buddy the Elf
- “Nothing ever seems too bad, too hard, or too sad when you’ve got a Christmas tree in the living room.” – Nora Roberts
- “My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple; loving others.” – Bob Hope
- “Every gift which is given, even though it be small, is in reality great, if it is given with affection.” – Pindar
- “A Christmas candle is a lovely thing; It makes no noise at all, but softly gives itself away; While quite unselfish, it grows small.” – Eva K. Logue
- “Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before! What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. What if Christmas… perhaps… means a little bit more!” – How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- “Although it’s been said many times, many ways, Merry Christmas to you.” – Nat King Cole
- “Christmas gift suggestions: To your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. To yourself, respect.” – Oren Arnold
- “Winter, a lingering season, is a time to gather golden moments, embark upon a sentimental journey, and enjoy every idle hour.” – John Boswell
- “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
Before sitting down to write your Christmas card message, make sure to set the mood with merry music, a mug full of holiday cheer and a tray of your favorite cookies. Make sure to have all the supplies you need so you don’t need to restock once you are on a holly, jolly roll! Still looking for the perfect gift? Check out our gift guides for everyone from moms, dads, teens and employees.
>> Check out our Ultimate Christmas Gift Guide for tons of ideas for men, women, teens, co-workers, sports fans…literally everyone!
Give the perfect gift every time.
Join Happy Gifting and get timely gift ideas delivered to your inbox.
More Gift Guides & Inspiration
Happy Gift Cards issued by MetaBank, Member FDIC. Card valid only in the US, no cash or ATM access. Use your Happy Gift Card to purchase goods and services at locations listed on card.