Thanksgiving is a time to reflect and give thanks for the blessings in our lives. Though Thanksgiving cards may not be a part of everyone’s traditions, they can be a great way to express your gratitude for the people you care about (especially if you have difficulty saying it in person). Here are some sentiments, messages and quotes to include in your Thanksgiving card to let everyone in your life know how grateful you are for them.
To show your Thanksgiving host you appreciate all the time, money and effort they put into preparing the holiday feast, give them a Happy Holidays Gift Card. This gift card can be redeemed at Wayfair, SpaFinder, BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse, Fanatics, H&M, and Hard Rock Café so no matter how they treat themselves, they will be thankful for you.
Thanksgiving Card Messages
Seasonal tidings to your neighbors or sincere “thanks” to your mailperson, a Thanksgiving card can be a warm reminder to anyone in your life that they are valued. Convey your gratitude with one of these Thanksgiving card messages.
- Thanksgiving is a timely reminder to pause and give thanks for the many beautiful things we have in our lives.
- I hope your day is full of food, laughter and quality time with those that love you. Happy Thanksgiving.
- From home to home and heart to heart, warmest wishes this Thanksgiving holiday.
- Wishing you a harvest of good health and good times.
- Hoping your holiday is as fun and bright as the leaves outside!
- To someone sweeter than pumpkin pie, I hope you have a happy Thanksgiving!
- Gather with grateful hearts and give thanks for all that is good.
- Here’s a heartwarming thanks to you this holiday.
Funny Thanksgiving Card Messages
Serve up a ladleful of laughs with one of these funny Thanksgiving card messages. We advise opening this card before dinner, otherwise it may actually be side-splitting!
- It’s not the minutes spent at the table that put on weight, it’s the seconds…and thirds!
- Gobble gobble ‘till you wobble!
- Here’s hoping you have a better day than the turkey.
- “Happy Turkey Day!” said no turkey ever.
- Hoping my food coma lasts until 2021. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Two things are always plentiful at Thanksgiving: family and food. I hope you enjoy at least one of the two this holiday.
Thanksgiving Card Messages for Family
Give thanks to your family with a warm Thanksgiving card message. Whether they are gathering around the table with you or celebrating from afar, these sentiments are sure to let your loved ones know you are grateful for them every day of the year.
- Thankful to call you family – this year and every year!
- In a year full of ups and downs, I am so thankful to have you by my side on the peaks of the highs and the depths of the lows.
- Having a supportive family like you is something I will always be thankful for.
- May family remind you how big and abundant your blessings are.
- Wishing we were gathered around the table with bellies full of food and hearts full of joy. Happy Thanksgiving, and I hope to see you soon!
- I am blessed to have a family so abundant with love to share these holidays with.
- Gathering the family and giving thanks fills my heart with warmth and joy. Grateful we are able to spend time together this holiday.
The Perfect Holiday Gift Card for Your Card!
Professional Thanksgiving Card Messages
Give thanks for colleagues and employees with a thoughtful card. Celebrate a year of successes while keeping the tone professional and sincere with one of these Thanksgiving card sentiments.
- In a season of gratitude, we are especially thankful for you and all you do!
- I hope you enjoy this time of year with your loved ones. Happy Thanksgiving!
- We couldn’t be more thankful for you!
- Sincere appreciation for you this Thanksgiving and all year long.
- Thankful for your passion and dedication, which has helped build a year full of blessings.
- I am thankful to have you to work alongside, to learn from, and to inspire me every day.
- I appreciate the joy and positive-attitude you bring to the office. I hope your holiday is bright and fulfilling.
Quotes for a Thanksgiving Card
If you have your hands full during the holiday season, writing thoughtful messages on your Thanksgiving cards may not be one of the highest priorities on your list. Give thanks for these Thanksgiving quotes that may help convey the gratitude in your heart without having to find the words yourself.
- “Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the year because it reminds us to give thanks and to count our blessings. Suddenly, so many things become so little when we realize how blessed and lucky we are.” – Joyce Giraud
- “The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness.” – Dalai Lama
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” – John F. Kennedy
- “It’s a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.” – Germany Kent
- “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – Marcel Proust
- “The unthankful heart discovers no mercies; but the thankful heart will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action.” – W.J. Cameron
- “Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “Rejoice with your family in the beautiful land of life.” – Albert Einstein
- “Gratitude can transform common days into Thanksgiving, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” – William Arthur Ward
- “Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow.” – Edward Sandford Martin
- “The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest.” – William Blake
If you’re looking for a holiday gift to pair with your card, we’ve got tons of holiday gift guides to help you out, including gift lists for men, women and teens, plus a budget gift guide with more than 40 awesome gifts under $50.
Show up with the perfect gift every time.
Join Happy Gifting and get timely gift ideas delivered to your inbox.
More Gift Guides & Inspiration
Happy Gift Cards issued by MetaBank, Member FDIC. Card valid only in the US, no cash or ATM access. Use your Happy Gift Card to purchase goods and services at locations listed on card.