Finding the right way to say ‘thank you’ isn’t always easy. It can be difficult to think of the right words that make your Thank You sound meaningful and earnest, especially if someone did something extra-special for you. If you’re trying to figure out what to write in a Thank You card, this list will help you. We compiled over 30 thank you card messages and quotes that will express your gratitude in a meaningful way. You’ll find funny thank you messages, messages thanking someone for a gift and messages for any act of kindness.
If you want to include a gift with your card or message, our list of the best thank you gifts has several ideas for any budget.
How to Say Thank You In a Meaningful Way
- Your generosity will never be forgotten. It meant more to me than I can say, but here’s a start: Thank you so much!
- Friends like you are what keep this world a bright place. Thank you for all of your [support/help/generosity].
- Your kindness means more to me than you’ll know. Thank you so much for [act of kindness].
- ‘Thank you’ doesn’t begin to describe the immense gratitude I have for you and your generosity. I appreciate everything you did for me.
- I’m so fortunate to have a friend like you. Thank you so much for your generosity. I owe you!
- I’m truly grateful for everything you did for me. Thank you so much for being so willing and ready to help. I couldn’t have managed without you! Thank you!
- I’ll never be able to repay you, but at least I can say Thank you. I greatly appreciate your generosity and support.
- Thank you for lending me a hand when I needed it most. Your generosity will not be forgotten. I’m truly grateful.
- You’re amazing! Thank you so much for your help and support. It meant more to me than you know.
Featured Gift Guides
> Thoughtful Thank You Gift Ideas for Every Budget
> Budget Gift Guide: Cheap Gifts for Every Budget and Everyone (Gifts Under $50, $25 and $10)
> 10 Employee Appreciation Gift Ideas Your Employees Will Actually Like
Funny Thank You Messages
- Your friendship is the best gift I could receive. (But I’ll take the [gift item(s)], too!) Thank you.
- How can I ever thank you? Well, other than by saying…Thank you!
- You’re my favorite person in the world! Well, aside from [celebrity name], but [he/she] didn’t show up and help the way you did! Thank you so much!
- Thank you for your generosity. I suppose this means I have to keep all your dirty secrets now…
- Thank you for the gift! My favorite part is how I actually wanted it!
- Your friendship is better than any gift. (But I’m glad you still got me one!) Thank you!
- I Googled different ways to say ‘thank you’. It said ‘gracias’ and ‘merci’, but I don’t know what those mean so I’ll just stick with Thank you!
‘Thank You for the Gift’ Messages
- Thank you so much for the [gift item(s)]. Your friendship is the best gift of all!
- [Name], your gift was very much appreciated. Thank you so much for your generosity and friendship.
- Thank you so much for the gift! It was very much unexpected but very much appreciated.
- Thank you for the gift of [gift item(s)]. I appreciate your generosity so much and your friendship even more.
- Your gift was amazing! Thank you so much for going out of your way to put a smile on my face. I hope I can return the favor someday!
- [Name], I loved the [gift item(s)] you [sent/gave] me! It’s perfect for my [place or activity]. Thank you so much for thinking of me. You’re such a great friend!
Thank You Quotes
- “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” – Gilbert C. Chesterton
- “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” – William Shakespeare
- “Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.” – Helen Keller
- “Of all possessions a friend is the most precious.” – Herodotus
- “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” – Walter Winchell
- “Some people arrive and make such a beautiful impact on your life, you can barely remember what life was like without them.” – Anna Taylor
- “You are part of my story, memory and scenery, thank you.” ― Kim Taehyung
- “Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.” — G. Randolf
- “A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.” ― Elbert Hubbard
- “Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art…. It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” ― C.S. Lewis
- “Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think.” — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal.” ― Steve Maraboli
- “People who love themselves come across as very loving, generous and kind; they express their self-confidence through humility, forgiveness and inclusiveness.” ― Sanaya Roman
- “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” — Aesop
- “Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver.” — Barbara De Angelis
- “Your greatness is not what you have, it’s what you give.” — Alice Hocker
Saying ‘thank you’ might not seem like enough for what the person did for you, but it’s a good start. Your authenticity will be noticed with these thank you messages. And if you want to include a gift, see our list of the best thank you gifts for any budget or occasion.
More Gift Guides & Inspiration
Happy Gift Cards issued by MetaBank, Member FDIC. Card valid only in the US, no cash or ATM access. Use your Happy Gift Card to purchase goods and services at locations listed on card.