Bridal showers are joyous celebrations. The bride gets a break from wedding planning and friends and family can hang out and have fun before the new adventure begins. If you’re invited to attend a bridal shower, it’s customary to bring a gift to help the bride prepare for wedded life. Once you have the perfect gift, you’re probably going to get a card to go with it. Then another challenge comes up: What do you write in a bridal shower card? What can you say that’s more personal than ‘Congratulations’?
To get you started with the perfect bridal shower card message, here are 31 sayings and quotes that are to make the bride smile, laugh or happy cry.
Sentimental Bridal Shower Wishes
Share your heartfelt sentiments with a message of love and congratulations. Use any combination of these for a bridal shower or bachelorette card message to let her know how happy and excited you are to celebrate with her.
- After the “Yes,” before the “I do,” happy shower to you!
- Congratulations on a wonderful partnership and the many happy years to come! I can’t wait to celebrate you on the big day!
- Happy shower. Happy couple. Happy wishes!
- Wishing you all the best on your wedding day and in the many blissful years to come.
- Just wanted to shower you with happy wishes!
- Love and blessings to you on this joyous day!
- May your marriage be filled with love, laughter and happiness!
- Cheers to many happy years!
- The best is yet to come! Cherish each moment along this journey.
- May your wedding day be as beautiful as you! Can’t wait to see you walk down the aisle.
Funny Bridal Shower Wishes
If you want to give the bride a laugh, share a funny moment or joke in your card. Just be sure the bride will appreciate the message and that it is appropriate for the setting. You don’t want to embarrass her in front of all her family and friends!
- Congratulations on finding the one person you want to annoy for the rest of your life!
- There has never been a happier occasion for me to buy a blender!
- You two are like Cholula and tacos; hot and perfect together!
- I can’t wait to watch you act surprised as you open the gifts from your pre-selected wedding registry.
- Not sure if I’m more jealous of the fact that you’re getting married, or of all the cool gifts you’re going to get. (Just kidding, it is definitely the gifts.)
Related Gift Guides & Inspiration
> Bridal Shower Gift Ideas: 10 Gifts She’ll Love + Tips on How to Choose One
> 15 Engagement Gift Ideas Couples Will Love
> 11 Bridal Spa Treatments and When to Get Them
Advice for the Bride-to-Be
If you want to give the bride-to-be advice as she gets ready to start a new chapter of her life, use these ideas or offer wisdom from your own experiences!
- Success in marriage is the sum of small efforts focused on showing love and appreciation, repeated every day.
- Choose to love each other, even in the moments when you are struggling to like each other.
- In every disagreement in your marriage, remember that there is not a winner and a loser. You are partners in everything. It is you two working together to find the solution to a problem.
- The ingredients for a happy marriage are trust, patience and communication. Their combination creates a love that will last for years to come.
- It’s not about getting married, it’s about staying married. Take time to cultivate your love so it continues to blossom.
Bridal Shower Quotes
Sometimes the perfect words have already been said. These quotes are great for any bridal shower card message. Use them on their own, or combine them with another sentiment to wish the bride well.
- “The best thing in life to hold onto is each other.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short.” – André Maurios
- “Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.” – Simone Signoret
- “We love because it is the only true adventure.” – Nikki Giovanni
- “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – Aristotle
- “Before you marry a person you should make them use a computer with really slow Internet to see who they really are!” – Will Ferrell
- “You don’t love someone because they’re perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they’re not.” – Jodi Picoult
- “It’s amazing how one day someone walks into your life, and suddenly, you can’t remember how you lived without them.” – Anurag Prakash Ray
- “A marriage is not a noun; it’s a verb. It isn’t something you get. It’s the way you love your partner every day.” – Barbara De Angelis
- “And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.” – The Beatles
Choosing a Gift for Your Bridal Shower Greeting Card
If you’re still shopping for the perfect bridal shower gift to go with your card, we can help with that too.
While registries are great to help the bride stock up on home essentials, sometimes they lack a personal touch (because let’s face it, towels aren’t exactly inspiring). If you’re looking to go off-registry, check out these bridal shower gift ideas.
Still having trouble finding something you know she’ll like? Give her a Happy Bride Gift Card so she can treat herself at one of her favorite stores such as Ulta or Bed Bath & Beyond.
No matter which bridal shower card sayings you use, the best message is one that is heartfelt and sincere. Having friends and family around to celebrate her love is the best gift of all, but a meaningful gift and a handwritten message are great ways to remind the bride how much you care.
More Gift Guides & Inspiration
Happy Gift Cards issued by MetaBank, Member FDIC. Card valid only in the US, no cash or ATM access. Use your Happy Gift Card to purchase goods and services at locations listed on card.